YOU CAN SUPPORT US AND OUR EFFORT to gain federal recognition of naturopathic doctors by participating today as a ‘virtual lobbyist,’ using Capwiz to write your Senators and Representative. Let your Members of Congress know that the high educational standards for naturopathic medicine warrant equity in access to loans, scholarships and residencies.What are we fighting for exactly? On the federal level, we are simply looking for equity.
- NDs are graduates from accredited institutions equivalent to those in conventional med school.
- NDs must successfully pass board exams administered by the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners as well.
- The Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME) accreditation standards are recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- Naturopathic Medical programs consist of at least 4 years, 4,100 hours of study and 1,200 direct patient contact clock hours.
- An ND degree is classified on par with MD and DO as a First-Professional Degree under Doctorate-Professional (Clinical).